Top 8 Gift Ideas for the Holidays
If you’re like the rest of us, shopping for Holiday gifts can get frustrating. Trying to find the perfect gift for that special someone, can drive a normally sane person mad.
If you’re like me, I go to the mall twice a year, on my anniversary and Christmas. And if you ask me, twice a year is two times too many. It’s all unfamiliar territory and frankly, I’m not good at it. The one thing I’m good at is knowing what home electronics will make your family think that you just started a master class in buying awesome gifts.
I know what you’re thinking…”My wife doesn’t like electronics”. And I say “Did you know that women buy more electronic gadgets than men?” Yep, it’s true. So, let’s see if we can knock a few of items off that shopping list shall we?
1. A really big TV- This is probably on the top of every husband’s list ever year. But in reality, it’s a great gift for the whole family. After all, everyone watches it. TV’s have never been less expensive, chock full of smart features. 4K, streaming, and plenty of apps to cater to everyone in the house.
2. Security Cameras- Not knowing what’s going on at the house while you’re away can be gut-wrenching for parents and pet owners. Know when the kids arrive home from school, who’s at the front door, and whether or not the dog sitter showed up on time. Cameras can give you great peace of mind.
3. Music Anyone?- Everyone in your house loves music. Not everyone in the house loves the same music. As I tell my kids “I like good music, and you don’t”. A couple of years ago, I installed Sonos Play:1’s in each of my kids rooms for Christmas. They listen to them everyday, they even use them for their alarm clocks.
4. Smart Home Features- Turn the lights on/off, turn on the air conditioning, lock/unlock the door, you can do that and more from anywhere in the world. Starting off with smart features doesn’t have to be expensive, you can start small and grow your system over time.
5. Outdoor Audio & Video- We’ve been installing outdoor audio for years. Imagine sitting on the back deck with some BBQ and cold beverage and control of your favorite music directly from your mobile device. Add to that the latest in outdoor televisions, and you’re adding valuable square footage to your home without the cost of an expensive remodel.
6. Universal Remote Controls- Are you frustrated with using 2 or more remote controls to watch or listen to your favorite shows? Our line of Universal Remote Controls can put the entertainment back in your entertainment system. They’re easy to use and will control everything from TV’s to lighting.
7. BluRay Players- We still hear this all the time. “I don’t want to get a Blu Ray player because I don’t have Blu Ray discs. It’s ok, a Blu Ray player is at the top of the food chain, it will play everything from Blu Ray discs to dvd’s and cd’s.
8. Streaming Devices- Streaming devices like Roku, Amazon Fire, and AppleTV 4k, are all the rage. They’re powerful, they’re inexpensive, and can really change the way you enjoy television.
So, that’s our Top 8 for 2017. We hope this gets the wheels spinning on your shopping list. If you have any questions or would like to schedule the installation, don’t wait too long. Schedule your installation today! Give us a call at 478-477-1541